Renovating your home can seem like a big project, and we’ve all heard or seen the horror stories where families are quickly overwhelmed by the process. Redecorating and arranging a home takes time, but the payoff is worth it. Here are some easy tips to follow that will help ease the process:
1. Bedroom The bed should always be the focus of a bedroom; a quick way to refresh it is to invest in updating your bed linen, add plenty of cushions, and finish off with throws for a luxury hotel feel. Also, adding a great headpiece makes a big difference.
2. Wall Art Pictures and paintings add immediate impact to a room. Positioning them at an eye level to maximize their impact. Try grouping smaller artworks together in odd numbers to make it more interesting to the eye.
3. Lighting First, evaluate how much natural lighting you have and then look at the room’s focal points that you want to pick out, such as art works or dining tables. Then use a combination of floor lamps, table lamps, and even candles to create a flexible lighting plan.
4. Rugs Use rugs to define areas in your room and create a sense of place. This is especially helpful in large-open plan floors. Just remember, if you are using different rugs within the same room they need to complement each other in style and color to achieve a cohesive design.
5. Accessories Updating cushions, rugs, throws, vases, and candles is a quick and inexpensive way to renew a space. Use accessories to introduce a new accent color to a neutral room or even change them with the season to stay on trend with the latest trends and have something new every other month.