Despite HGTV’s feelings about marble and granite, which have been the reigning high-end material of choice for many years, a new player is taking over: quartz. According to the National Kitchen and Bath Association, manufactured quartz is now the leading countertop material. And these might be the reasons behind that:
- Unlike high-maintenance stones, quartz is naturally stain repellent and impervious to acidic foods.
- It’s resistant to scratches and chips.
- Quartz doesn’t require any sealing.
- Manufactures have developed expert techniques to remove overly flecked and unnaturally uniform patterns to create organic swirls and variations.
- Quartz falls right between granite and marble but with the lowest maintenance costs.
With its reasonable price point, newly improved form, and superior function, our quartz trend is here to stay.